|State Surplus Property Program
|Vehicles & Highway Equipment Auctions Terms Of Sale
INSPECTION: One (1) Hour Prior to Sale
PAYMENT: FULL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF COMPLETION OF THE AUCTION
- The State of New York reserves the right to add or withdraw any item(s) before the sale.
- All goods have been available for inspection and are being sold on an "as is" and "where is" basis with no guarantee expressed or implied by the State of New York or the auction firm. Buyers are encouraged to inspect all items before bidding.
- Sale will be made to the highest bidder, subject to the following terms of sale; however, if there is a disputed or tied bid among two or more bidders, the OGS Representative, at their discretion may determine the highest bidder or the bidding may be re-opened to determine the highest bidder. In any case, the OGS Representative's decision will be absolute.
- New York State or the OGS Representative reserves the right to reject any and all bids. On lots upon which there is a reserve, the State reserves the right to accept the last bid.
- Each sale of goods is complete, with title of said goods and risk of loss passing to the buyer when the auctioneer says sold, or otherwise designates bidder as purchaser. Titles will be made out the way you have registered, NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- All sales are final. No refunds. No returns. No exchanges. No turndowns.
- Full payment must be made within 30 minutes of the completion of the auction in cash, credit card or certified funds ONLY. A bill of sale will be furnished once payment has been made. Municipalities, local subdivisions and school districts may also use the forms of payment outlined above or a purchase order; however, a letter of delegated authority must be presented to the OGS Representative prior to bidding and if successful, a signed purchase order, payable to the State of New York, must then be presented.
- Sales tax will be charged and collected on all purchases, unless New York State is furnished with acceptable proof of exemption at the time of sale.
- All bidders must have a bidding number for their bid to be counted as valid.
- Bidders must be 18 years of age or older.
- Catalog numbers are assigned for identification only. The items will not necessarily be sold in numerical order. The lotting of items is also at the discretion of the OGS Representative and/or the auctioneer.
- The winning bidder is responsible for the loading and removal of purchased items and assumes all risk incidental to such loading and removal. Removal must be made during State business hours within 4 business days of the auction. A copy of the bill of sale must be furnished at the time of removal. Failure to comply with the removal terms may affect future bidding privileges. Items not removed will be forfeited and the buyer will have no recourse. Bidders purchasing (6) or more vehicles and needing special arrangements for removal should obtain the approval of the OGS Representative at the auction.
- The use of New York State seals or insignias on private vehicles is prohibited.
- By bidding, you acknowledge acceptance of these terms and conditions whether present during the actual reading or not.
- The State reserves the right to remove future bidding privileges from any person who violates these terms and conditions or engages in conduct which the State determines is inappropriate and/or contrary to the best interest of the State.
- NOTICE: It is expected that the buyer shall responsibly use this personal property including its disposition in conformance with applicable laws, rules and environmentally preferred practices.
State Surplus Personal Property
Harriman State Office Campus
Building # 18
Albany, NY 12226