How To Sell To New York State
The Office of General Services Procurement Services Group awards thousands of competitively bid contracts for use by State agencies, political subdivisions and other organizations
authorized by law to purchase from State contracts. These contracts offer commodities (materials, equipment, supplies and printing), services and technology, including telecommunications.
Although most of these contracts are Statewide, a portion of them are large volume contracts for single agencies or groups of agencies.
- To get on the OGS mailing list to receive bid notices, go to http://www.ogs.state.ny.us/ovr
- To learn how to do business with the centralized procurement programs in other states, we recommend that you contact the National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO), 167
West Main Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40507 and obtain a copy of the NASPO Vendor Guide. Or, go to http://www.naspo.org.
Local Agency Bidding and Purchase Opportunities
- Subscribe to the "New York State Contract Reporter," a weekly electronic procurement opportunities newsletter containing notices of State agency, public authority and public benefit
corporation bid solicitations. The "Contract Reporter" also publishes centralized services and technology bid opportunities and notices of upcoming commodity bid openings. New York State businesses may subscribe online
- Empire State Development's Procurement Assistance Unit can help your business to compete for State contracts, provide information to get you placed on agency bidders' lists, provide
current lists of subcontractors and suppliers, and help you with the bid process.
Call them at 518-292-5220.
- To find direct sales opportunities for State agencies and many public benefit corporations and public authorities, contact State agencies directly. View the OFT Telephone Directory
at http://www6.oft.state.ny.us/telecom/phones/ Their address is the Office For Technology, Division of Telecommunications, Directory Sales, 27th Floor, Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12242, Tel.
- Request a copy of the "Directory of Frequently Purchased Commodities and Services By New York State Agencies" from the Office of the State Comptroller, 110 State Street, 10th Floor, Albany NY 12236. For assistance, call 518-474-5512 or New York City: 212-417-4361.
Construction Contracting Opportunities
- Subscribe to the Office of General Services, Design and Construction Group's publication, "The Empire State Builder" to learn about building construction/rehabilitation or
architectural and engineering contracts at many State agency locations. "The Empire State Builder" announces future bid openings and provides the results of previous bid openings.
Address inquiries to the Office of General Services, Design and Construction Group, Marketing Unit, Corning Tower-35th Floor, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12242. Telephone 518-474-0203 or, go to http://www.ogs.state.ny.us/dnc
- For road construction contracts, subscribe to the Department of Transportation's publications " Notice of Highway Lettings" and "Results of Highway Lettings". Address inquiries to the Department of Transportation, Contract Management Bureau, 50 Wolf Road, 1st Floor, Albany, NY 12232. Telephone 518-457-3583 or, go to http://www.nysdot.gov
- For other construction contract bidding opportunities,
see Local Agency Bidding and Purchase Opportunities
Opportunities for Minority and Women-Owned Businesses
- To obtain information on becoming certified in New York State as a minority or woman-owned business, contact the Department of Economic Development's Division of Minority and Women's
Business Development. Albany area: 30 South Pearl Street 2nd Floor, Albany, NY 12245, phone (518) 292-5250; New York City area: 633 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017-6706, phone (212)
803-2411, fax: (212) 803-3223.
- To learn about M/WBE opportunities in New York State visit the Empire State Development home page at
http://www.empire.state.ny.us/ To see the Empire State Development's Minority & Women's Business Directory on the Internet at http://www.nylovesmwbe.ny.gov/cf/search.cfm.
- Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises in need of other information or assistance are encouraged to contact the Office of MWBE and Community Outreach, Corning Tower- 41st Floor, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12242 or for immediate assistance, call (518) 486-9284 or fax (518) 486-9285.