- The State of New York reserves the right to add or withdraw any item(s) before the time of sale.
- All goods have been available for inspection and are being sold on an “as is” and “where is” basis with no guarantee expressed or implied by the State of New York or the Auction Firm. Buyers are encouraged to inspect all items before bidding.
- Sale will be made to the highest bidder, subject to the following terms of sale, however, if there is a dispute among two or more bidders, the OGS Representative or Auctioneer’s decision will be absolute.
- New York State or the OGS Representative reserves the right to reject any and all bids. On lots upon which there is a reserve, the State reserves the right to the last bid.
- In the event of a disputed or tie bid, the OGS Representative or the Auctioneer, at their discretion may determine the highest bidder or he may re-open the bidding to determine the highest bidder.
- Each sale of goods is complete, with title to said goods and risk of loss passing to the buyer when the Auctioneer says sold, or otherwise designates bidder as purchaser. Titles will be made out the way you have registered, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
- All sales are final. No refunds, No returns, No exchanges, No turndowns.
- Full payment must be made in cash, certified funds or credit card ONLY within 30 minutes of the completion of the auction. A memorandum of sale will be furnished. Municipalities, local subdivisions and school districts may use a purchase order; however, a letter of delegated authority must be presented to the OGS Representative prior to bidding and if successful, a signed purchase order, payable to the State of New York, must then be presented.
- Sales tax will be charged and collected on all purchases, unless New York State is furnished with acceptable proof of exemption at the time of sale.
- All bidders must have a bidding number for their bid to be counted as valid.
- Bidders must be 18 years of age or older.
- Catalog numbers are assigned for identification only. The items will not necessarily be sold in numerical order. The lotting of like items is also at the discretion of the OGS Representative and/or the Auctioneer.
- Removal must be made during state business hours within 4 business days of the auction. A copy of the Bill of Sale must be furnished at the time of removal. Failure to comply with removal terms will affect future bidding privileges. Items not removed may be forfeited and the buyer will have no recourse. Bidders purchasing (6) or more vehicles and needing special arrangements for removal should obtain the approval of the OGS Representative at the auction.
- The use of New York State seals or insignias on private vehicles is prohibited.
- By bidding, you acknowledge acceptance of these terms and conditions whether present during the actual reading or not.
- NOTICE: It is expected that the Buyer shall responsibly use this personal property including its disposition in conformance with applicable law, rules and environmentally preferred practices.